Amazon Echo dot device is an amazing speaker and Home Automation tool. The device comes with a compact design and user-friendly features. It is very easy to operate Amazon Echo Dot after its set up. However, users often encounter Echo Dot registration failure errors while trying to set up their device. If you are also unable to register echo dot and want an easy fix to troubleshoot the issue, read this post. Here, we are sharing some easy guidelines that can help you to fix the Echo dot registration error on your device.
Setting up your Echo dot device: Fix registration problem
Reboot the router and echo dot
The first and foremost thing you need to do to fix the issue is to reboot your router and echo dot device. A simple restart sometimes work to fix the problem
Deregister echo dot
If you have purchased the Echo dot device from Amazon Store, it will come pre-registered with your Amazon account. But, if you have a pre-owned Echo Dot device, you need to deregister the previously registered account to proceed with the setup and registration. Here are the step by step instructions to deregister Echo Dot:
- Visit the official Amazon website using the web browser.
- Go to the "settings" and select your Echo dot device you want to deregister.
- Click the "deregister"button.
- Click on the button again for confirmation.
Once you are done, you can proceed with the steps below to register the Echo Dot device
Register echo dot
- Unbox the Echo dot device.
- Download the Alexa app on your smartphone.
- Place the Echo dot within the range of your wireless router.
- Plugin the device to a power outlet.
- When you turn on the Echo device the ring light on echo Dot will turn blue and then orange.
- Now, you will hear Alexa saying Hello.
- Go to the settings on the Alexa app.
- Click on "WiFi".
- Select the Wi-Fi network to which you would like to connect. Hit the "Connect" button.
- Choose " Alexa devices" from the application menu.
- Choose the " Echo dot" device.
- Choose the" add Alexa device in Wi-Fi network" option.
- Press and hold the "Action" button on the echo dot. The ring light will turn orange.
- From the list, choose the Wi-Fi network you would like to connect to and type the password.
- Save the password in your Alexa app.
- Choose the " Connect" option to connect your device.
We hope that with the help of the simple steps you would be able to troubleshoot the echo dot registration failure issue on your device. But, if your problem is not resolved yet, we suggest you contact the Echo dot experts for professional advice. The professionals will help you with the best possible solution, and also share some easy tips to make the Echo Dot experience smarter.